Monday, July 26, 2010

People Actually Win These Things

Some might call me a lucky person. It started when I was in 6th grade. I was the 9th caller on the radio and won tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters, a George Michael CD and tickets to an Adam Sandler movie. When I was 17, I won a trip to Orlando from the same radio station to meet my favorite band (which happens to be a popular late 90’s boyband that shall remain nameless). Going to college in Las Vegas seemed to perpetuate my luck as I was always winning bits of money on slots and tables here and there.

So I guess it is only natural that I tend to enter each and every sweepstakes that floats through my inbox. I do this not expecting to win, but I get a sort of natural high from the possibility of winning. I sort of mindlessly enter now, hoping that some of my past luck will come back. Even I was a bit surprised when I received an email from Whish Body Products stating I had won a Lucky Magazine Lucky Breaks giveaway.

I’m sure you’ve seen the daily emails from Lucky. Enter to win our cover look! A great trip! The latest accessory from DVF!, etc. I always enter and always think “Wow, hundreds of thousands of other women are probably sitting in their cubical doing the exact same thing”. So I was thrilled to receive the email from Whish.

I just received my prize today. It’s a wonderful smelling pomegranate “Hair Inhibiting Gel” (LOVE that). While I haven’t tried it yet, I am already impressed with the beautiful retro packaging and the product’s promise to reduce hair density by 26%. What woman doesn’t want that?

Thanks to Whish and Lucky Magazine I am going to shower happy tonight. Just call me lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment