Thursday, August 19, 2010

Geeking Out in San Francisco

A very exhausted Emily checking in. I've been in San Fran for the Search Engine Strategies conference since Tuesday and it's been an amazing few days of PPC, Social Media and SEO information being packed into my brain. I'm looking forward to using the information not just for my day job, but to make some usability improvements to Mock-off.

While I spent the days hopping from information session to information session, I did get a chance to explore some of the shopping that San Francisco has to offer. First off, almost every designer has a flagship here, something that Portland sadly lacks. Seems like every department store also has a presence, which is delightful. My hotel actually faced Bloomingdales - a store I frequent online, but sadly don't get to visit in person. I wandered the floors, gaping at the designer displays. I geeeked out a little and took pictures - something I shamefully admitted to the woman in the Vince section where I purchased a chain necklace.

If you also live in a Bloomies-free city, I invite you to geek out with me.





2 comments:

  1. I would loved to pick your brain on SEO. Im sure you learned some great stuff. Love the necklace you pruchased Glad you had the perfect hotel spot just across from Bloomdales. I'm also from Portland, did you make it to Bargain Hunting 101 last Sunday? You would have found some great designers and prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I'd love to give SEO advice. Besides fashion, it's my other passion in life. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Bargain Hunting, but I heard it was great. Can't wait to check it out next February.
    Feel free to email me at emily@mock-off.com. :)

    ReplyDelete