Tuesday, March 9, 2010

See you at the Crossroads (Trading Co.)


Lovely Spring weather blanketed the Pacific Northwest this past weekend. For some reason beautiful weather inspires me to get out and shop! So I convinced hubby to head out and do some vintage wandering with me (okay, I technically lured him with promises of pancakes and coffee). We headed to SE Hawthorne, a neighborhood known for its quirky shops and excellent vintage selection. After a sweet breakfast at Bread and Ink Café we stumbled next door to the newest edition to the neighborhood, Crossroads Trading Co.

I had never heard of the store, but I was immediately pleased with what I found. A rack of designer pieces ranging from Diane Von Furstenberg to Marc Jacobs to Le Rok greeted me by the entrance (who knew designer pieces existed in Portland?). The store was laid out nicely, each section labeled so it was easy to find what you needed. I wandered the dress racks finding a mix of pieces from Banana Republic, Target, Ann Taylor and more. The store felt like a less crowded version of Buffalo Exchange with a better eye for what is appropriate to buy.



My husband – who by the way hates shopping for clothing of any kind – found a nice khaki jacket $8. I didn’t find anything to purchase, but I will be back!

Crossroads Trading has 24 stores across the country from Cali to Chicago. They will buy your quality used clothing for a nice percentage of what they will sell it for. Check out the Item of the Week section of their website for a taste of what you can find. From Theory to Givenchy to Steve Madden to Betsey Johnson they have something for everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the second hand vintage stores in Lake Oswego and in NW? Both have lots of great designer pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not checked out anywhere in Lake Oswego. Will do though! I am always on the hunt for vintage finds. So far, Vintage Pink is my fave.

    ReplyDelete